Saturday, November 9, 2013

Office Space - A DIY

I LOVE the town home my husband and I are currently renting. It has a great master bedroom, and beautiful and spacious kitchen, and more than enough room for the two of us. We have one spare bedroom that we have decided will be our guest room...AND our office. At first this idea seemed wrong to me: offices are desks and computers and file cabinets, not exactly a warm and cozy place to keep loved ones. So...my mission has been to create a space that is both homey AND practical.

Once I had colors picked out in my head, I started to brainstorm ways to save space. Also, I desperately needed a filing cabinet. I decided to re-vamp a dusty old file cabinet I picked up at goodwill for about $5. I thought it could serve a double purpose as a night stand.









I started by taking off the handles, and removing the drawers. I spray painted the body and drawers of the cabinet gold, and the handles and drawer tags white. I am happy with the result! The only change I would have made would be to prime the cabinet- it still looks good but primer makes for a more even finish.



Bed frame: Ikea  Comforter: Marshalls  Sheets: Target  Rug: Ross


Has anyone done something similar? Any good tips or ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment