Monday, July 7, 2014

DIY Wedding Card Keepsake



I am a very sentimental person. It's hard for me to throw anything away that has the remotest sentimental meaning to me (seriously... like receipts from fun excursions... its bad, people). Of course our wedding cards were no exception. I finally decided to do something with them, and wanted to share this super simple project. You can make this with any cards, I think it would be fun with a baby's first birthday cards, or a collection of your favorite holiday cards.

Things you'll need: a hole punch, any cards you want in the book, and metal rings


I found these kits at Michael's on clearance for $1.99. They included two metal rings and canvas book covers. I just used the rings and decided to save the covers for something else.


I had two freezer bags full of wedding cards, so I decided to make two books.


I decided how far apart I wanted the holes, and started with one card. I then used that card as a template for the others to make sure they would all line up when inserting the metal rings. 


Once you have all your holes punched, decide what card you like the best as the cover and insert the metals rings. And you're done!


Such an easy and special keepsake to make!

Feel free to leave any questions in the comment section.



1 comment: