Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Smoked Salmon Fettuccine




Some people have a strong sweet tooth, I definitely have a strong carb tooth (...is that a thing?). I love pasta- I make it at least once a week. Give me a good one dish pasta recipe and I'm a happy girl. I bought some smoked salmon the other day and thought it would be deliciously paired with fettuccine. You can use spaghetti, or any pasta you want really. It has some of the my favorite ingredients to cook with: shallots (way more flavorful than onions), garlic, and lemon. You can leave out the cream if you want a lighter, dairy free recipe. I used smoked salmon seasoned with black pepper, if you use plain salmon I recommend seasoning it with black pepper before serving. 

                  

Ingredients:

8 oz fettuccine pasta
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup diced shallots
2 cloves garlic
1/3 cup white wine (I used Pinot Grigio)
1/4 cup cream  (optional)
4 oz smoked salmon cut into bite-sized pieces
juice of 1/2 lemon
2 Tbsp chopped parsley
Grated parmesan cheese

Directions:

Cook your pasta according to pasta package directions

While pasta is cooking, in a large skillet, sauté your garlic and shallots in olive oil over medium heat until fragrant

Add wine, cream, and lemon juice and boil for 2 minutes until sauce is reduced by half

Drain your pasta, add it to the sauce and toss to coat- stir in your smoked salmon and parsley

Serve with grated parmesan cheese, sliced french bread, and a glass of white wine...enjoy!   


No comments:

Post a Comment